This thread details the organizational structure of Archive Entertainment. We are always looking out for more people to help, so please check this thread
for the latest areas we are recruiting.
Below is a log of the changes to the organizational structure. The absolute latest structure may differ slightly from what is presented, but this thread is generally kept updated with structural changes.
What do the positions mean?
These individuals were at one point staff, but later retired or were fired for some reason.
Honored Community Member
This is a community member which has at one time or another been a major part of the community here. Many of these members were active for years, and all somehow shaped the community you see today. Many of these listed members are inactive, unless explicitly listed as Active.
Respected Community Member
This is a community member which has recently been very helpful or active in the community. Depending on just how helpful or active, they may go on to become Honored Community Members or Associate Staff Members
Associate Staff Member
This is the lowest rated staff position, but still a valuable one. Community members have worked hard to get here, usually residing and contributing in the community for months or years before being considered for this position.
Full Staff Member
This is the mid-ranked staff position. Members here are some of the most influential and have made very
impressive contributions to the community projects.
Executive Staff Member
Positions for the staff members who have been around since the ancient days. Along with Sim, these are the most influential members of the community. Executive Staff have the greatest autonomy of staff members. Executive Staff have the ability to hire or recruit new staff without receiving Sim's explicit permission first. They also have the ability to create new positions within their department without receiving permission first. (For example, if a trusted community member comes to Insane & Walrii with an idea for a new project, Insane and Walrii can create that project officially as part of their department.) While Sim still holds final say, these added abilities should allow the Executive Staff to be more productive through greater autonomy.
Owner of Archive Entertainment.
Promotions - 1/06/06
Promotions and changes to staff
Promotions - 11/23/05
Promotions and changes to staff
- Amnistar was re-hired and given an Associate Staff position after his return to the community. He will help with EATV management and scheduling as Assistant Director of EATV, with all major decisions confirmed by Director of EATV Walrii. Additionally Amnistar is the Anime News Department Director, under Travis.
- Travis was promoted to Full Staff (Party Hate!) with title of News Director.
- BT recognized as a Respected Community Member and given voice
- Rm_you recognized as a Respected Community Member and given voice
Some changes in staff and such:
Mini-Promotions - 6/15/05
- Amnistar was removed from staff due to prolonged absence from community
- Zips has resigned his staff position
- Slick was removed from staff due to creative ownership differences on submitted content
- Travis was hired as Associate Staff to help with news and SW development
- Dazed was hired as Associate Staff to help manage the TFC Server
- Lagger was hired as Associate Staff to help manage the TFC Server
- All staff members now have a cooresponding title under their user name in forum posts
- TFC server captains no longer receive half-op in channel (just voice)
Some changes on moderator-ship of forums:
Promotions - 5/25/05
- All executive staff now have supermoderatorship over the forums. This includes the ability to moderate on all forums, and also ban/unban users.
- Full staff have moderatorship over their appropriate forums.
Another round of promotions:
- All executive staff receive +a in IRC
- Amni promoted to Full Staff (+o in IRC, Receives Party Hate!)
- Fyre confirmed as executive staff and placed as Director of TFC Server
- Amni moved to Director of EATV
- Kiara hired as New Staff to help Amni with EATV (+h in IRC, Receives Ruby Cookie!)
- Slick hired as New Staff to help Amni with EATV and myself with SimWorld (+h in IRC, Receives Ruby Cookie!)
- Travis receives voice
- Neo receives voice
- TFC Server captains will receive Half-Op in IRC
The Organization Chart has been updated appropriately. As soon as I set up Amni, he will begin to work on updating EATV content. After setting up Fyre, he will begin work on fixing TFC.
Promotions - 3/28/05
Yesterday, I performed the annual round of staff promotions. Most importantly: Zips, Insane2757, and Walrii are now Executive Staff
, and hold the following new positions:
Zips - Director of Gaming News
Insane2757 & Walrii - Directors of Misc. Projects and New Development
Arghvark, kiara, thundercross, and WaiWaiWario will also be given voice in #Archive.
Amnistar has been promoted to staff to work on EATV/Anime and to become Director of TFC Server, and has been given half-op in #Archive.
The term Executive Staff is a true upgrade. Executive Staff now have greater autonomy than ever before. Executive Staff have the ability to hire or recruit new staff without receiving my explicit permission first. They also have the ability to create new positions within their department without receiving my explicit permission first. (For example, if a trusted community member comes to Insane & Walrii with an idea for a new project, Insane and Walrii can create that project officially as part of their department. Zips can hire news posters and expand to new topics.) While I still hold final say, these added abilities should allow the Executive Staff to be more productive through greater autonomy.
By dividing the many different things that Archive Entertainment does into different departments, each department can thrive. Ideally, we will eventually have enough dedicated, reliable staff members to have one directly oversee each department, allowing each to grow faster due to intense focusing. This organizational diagram lays the foundation for this change.
Updates Reflecting Change
Over the next week, changes through The Archive will reflect the new positions. DoggyBot will be setup for the new voiced members, and the staff page will finally receive an update.
Questions & Comments
Questions and comments may be posted in this thread.